Welcome to TradePort
WHO WE ARE
TradePort - California's Gateway for Global Trade - is the premier international trade service portal in California. Since 1996, TradePort has been the primary web portal and online resource for California’s trade promotion service network known as the California Trade Partners (CTP). Originally proposed and funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce, TradePort is currently ranked as one of the top International trade directories on the web. Over 70,000 visitors from around the world visit TradePort monthly seeking trade information, guidance and services.
WHAT WE DO
TradePort, through MBITA and the TradePort network, TradePort provides a resource center for trade information and assistance. TradePort additionally provides trade development services and support for the following:
- California and North American businesses seeking to market around the world
- International buyers seeking to purchase products from North America
- Overseas sellers seeking to market select products in North America.
WHAT WE OFFER.
Through MBITA and the TradePort network , TradePort offers the following international trade support services to both domestic and overseas companies:
- Export Promotion Services Program
- Trade Finance Services Program
- Purchasing Services Program
- North American Marketing Services Program
- TechnologyTransfer Program
- International Contract and Dispute Services
Export Promotion Services Program : Through its public and private sector network of trade promotion service organizations located throughout California, TradePort assists companies in the following areas:
- Getting started in trade
- Researching foreign markets
- Developing an export strategy
- Qualifying and selecting strategic foreign partners and distributors
- Providing detailed support in shipping logistics
- eTraining on online Global Trade services.
Trade Finance Services Program : Does your overseas company need to finance your sales or purchases of products to or from North America? TradePort has partnered with public and private sector trade finance professionals to offer finance solutions for sales to and from North America .
The TradePort network of trade finance professionals guides companies through a wide range of financing programs offered by governmental and private trade organizations in order to find the most appropriate program. Available options include insured Open Account financing, International factoring, short/medium term buyer credit financing, Pre-export financing and medium term forfait financing.
Purchasing Services Program: Is your company looking for new sources for industrial equipment, parts, raw materials, commodities, or services? Could you use a professional purchasing service to source from North America? TradePort’s Purchasing Services Program can assist you to find, negotiate and successfully purchase your required products. One of TradePort’s most important roles is to make it easier for you as an international buyer to do business with North American companies. We have partnered with the top professional procurement services, including leading Business-to-Business exchanges, reverse and downward auctions, targeted industry trading communities, buyers' guides and trade directory publishers to better serve our clients. Our affiliated team of Certified Purchasing Managers (CPI) strive to secure “optimal acquisition value” by skillfully balancing the terms of price, quality, service, and delivery in light of a client’s preferences, needs and priorities.
Marketing Services Program: Does your company produce innovative products or have you developed technologies that have great potential for North America? TradePort’s Marketing Services Program may serve as your gateway for Business-to-Business market sales and technology transfer in North America. TradePort is particularly well established to promote “Green, Sustainable and Environmentally Preferred” products or technologies. We provide selected overseas suppliers the capability to efficiently market to North American organizations including large corporate and government entities. This service is provided through our affiliation with the major Green Purchasing networks and the largest network of field sales professionals in North America.
TechnologyTransfer Program: Has your company developed innovative technologies that have great potential for North America? TradePort’s TechnologyTransfer Program may serve as your means to transfer your technology to a qualified company in North America. TradePort specializes in promoting technology transfer in the categories of “Green, Sustainable and Environmentally Preferred” technologies. We provide selected technology developers the capability to efficiently connect to North American organizations seeking new innovations. This service is provided through our affiliation with the key technology transfer organizations in North America.
- Contract, Dispute, Collection Services: Does your company have concerns over international sales contracts, potential business disputes or debt collections? TradePort can connect you with the appropriate international business specialists to serve your needs.
- International Sales Contract Preparation and Review to protect importers and exporters interests in their sales negotiations with North American and overseas buyers.
- Trade Dispute Resolution for international traders provided by expert, professional, neutral mediators and arbitrators who employ a full range of alternative dispute resolution processes to achieve efficient, cost effective resolution.
- Debt Collection Program for overseas suppliers and importers providing effective legal collections of past due debt obligations from buyers in North America.
TradePort has developed active partnerships with the following organizations and Trade Promotion Service Centers:
- California Centers for International Trade & Development
- City of San Jose, Office of Economic Development
- Fresno City College Export Center
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- Monterey Bay International Trade Association
- Northern California World Trade Center
- U.S. Commercial Service (California Offices)
- U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry & Security
- Valley International Trade Association (VITA)
- World Trade Center Association, Los Angeles-Long Beach
- World Trade Center San Diego